Function of IBEDA Flashback Arrestors
A new animated video demonstrates the safety functions of IBEDA flashback arrestors - How it works
The new animated video provides an impressive demonstration of the design and the function of IBEDA flashback arrestors. The inside view gives a detailed explanation of how the IBEDA technology prevents the entry of air or oxygen into the distribution line or the cylinder, as well as how a flashback is prevented and a further gas flow is interrupted in case of a burnback.
Animated video "Function of IBEDA Flashback Arrestors"
IBEDA SAFETY DEVICES HELP PREVENT:
- Further gas flow in the case of pressure shocks
- The entry of air or oxygen into the distribution line or single cylinders
- Flashback which is the rapid propagation of flame down the hose
- Further gas flow in the case of burnback
1Pressure-sensitive gas cut-off valve (PV)
- The pressure-sensitive cut-off valve stops the gas flow in the event of pressure shocks.
- The safety device can be manually reset to continue working.
2Gas non-return valve (NV)
- The gas non-return valve prevents dangerous gas mixtures.
- The gas non-return valve ensures the gas only flowing in the intended flow direction.
3Flame arrestor (FA)
- The flame arrestor cools the flame down to below the ignition temperature.
- The flame arrestors prevents flashback
4Thermal cut-off valve (TV)
- The thermal cut-off valve prevents excessive temperatures
- The thermal cut-off valve closes automatically at a certain temperature and cuts off the gas flow.